Re: Add a configure option for NATIVE_FULL_AOT?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Add a configure option for NATIVE_FULL_AOT?
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 10:17:49 +0300

> From: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>, tomas@tuxteam.de,
>         emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 19:44:20 +0000
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> The way the .eln file naming has been designed is for the .eln files to
> >> be "transparent", i.e. Emacs first looks for a `.elc` or `.el` file and
> >> once
> >> it finds it, it looks for the corresponding `.eln` file.
> >
> > I think it actually requires to see the .el file, otherwise it won't
> > load the .eln file.  The .elc file is not enough.  Andrea, am I right?
>
> That is correct.

So, something to consider for the distros which want to distribute the
*.eln files: users who want to use those *.eln files will need to also
install the *.el files.

And if the *.el files aren't installed, I think comp.el will complain
each time a .elc file is loaded, saying it couldn't use the .eln, is
that right?