Re: master c4d34d2: CC Mode: Enhance C++ Mode raw strings to multi-line

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: master c4d34d2: CC Mode: Enhance C++ Mode raw strings to multi-line strings for any language
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 19:20:39 +0000

Hello again, Basil.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 17:37:25 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 01:02:52 +0100, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
> > Basil L. Contovounesios [2021-08-17 20:37 +0100] wrote:

[ .... ]

> > > It's hanged several times for me locally on Debian Testing after a
> > > bootstrap, FWIW.  Haven't yet had time to investigate further.

> > I'm able to reproduce the hang in the test
> > electric-layout-plainer-c-mode-use-c-style with:

> >   make TEST_LOAD_EL=no test/electric-tests

> > The hang seems to be happening in c-beginning-of-macro, from the second
> > call to c-point-syntax in electric-layout-for-c-style-du-jour.

> I can't reproduce the hang with your recipe, either.  For what it's
> worth, I'm running a pure 64-bit AMD-Ryzen Gentoo Gnu/Linux system, with
> the following Emacs configuration:

> Configured using:
>  'configure --with-gif=no --with-tiff=no --with-gpm
>  --with-native-compilation'

> Configured features:
> ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
> LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
> SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

> > HTH,

> Maybe I'll try configuring with some of the options you've been using
> (that you reported in a later post).

To my above configuration, I added --enable-checking=structs, and with
that I can reproduce the hang using your recipe above.

But with TEST_LOAD_EL=yes, the test runs to completion.  This suggests
there is some bug in the compilation of some .el file -
electric-test.el, perhaps?  Are we talking about a .elc or a .eln here?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).