Re: NonGNU ELPA rules regarding nonfree software

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA rules regarding nonfree software
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 23:11:46 -0400

  > I notice that org-mac-link.el in org-contrib[1] interacts with
  > many nonfree programs.

You may be right that this goes against GNU standards.
Thanks for reporting it.

Could you please describe the situation in more detail?
For instance, give the names of two or three of those nonfree programs
and describe how org-mac-link.el interacts with them?

Also, what is the status of org-contrib in relation to Emacs?
Is org-contrib part of GNU Emacs?  Is it in NonGNU ELPA?

Does anything in Emacs mention the existence of org-contrib
or say where to find it?  If so, could you show me the text
that mentions it, and say where that is found in Emacs?