Re: oauth2 support for Emacs email clients

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: oauth2 support for Emacs email clients
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 09:39:25 -0500

On Thu, Aug 05 2021, Andrew Cohen wrote:
> I don't think this is quite right. Emacs can use the refresh token to
> obtain the access token just fine (this is what I have been doing for
> the past year).

I just want to confirm I have read your posts with great interest, thank
you.  I am still in the process of digesting them.  These topics
(including emacs tools like plstore / auth-store / auth-source) have not
been my area of expertise.  So I am still trying to understand better
how to put these things together so that I get what I want / need.

In the meanwhile one question:

With your setup, what happens if you need to restart emacs?  Are you
storing the oauth2 tokens on disk so that you need not re-authenticate
(as long as the tokens themselves remain valid, which is 30 days for my
organizations)?

Thanks again!

Roland