Re: [elpa] scratch/email-revision-details

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] scratch/email-revision-details
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 19:01:38 -0400

> - Add to `elpa-config` the following elements:
>
>       (email-to              "Phil Sainty <psainty@orcon.net.nz>")
>       (email-from            "Phil Sainty <psainty@orcon.net.nz>")
>       (email-reply-to        "Phil Sainty <psainty@orcon.net.nz>")
>
>   [ Or use some other email address, of course.  ]
>
> - `rm archive/*`
> - `make build/so-long`
>
> This should presumably build a "new" release tarball and send an email
> to the `email-to` address (with Cc to the package's maintainer).
>
> The email is sent by Emacs, so the actual sending may fail depending on
> how your Emacs config is setup.

Actually, your config won't make a difference because this will run
Emacs in batch mode, which doesn't read your init file.
In elpa.gnu.org I circumvent that by setting

    (setq send-mail-function #'sendmail-send-it)

in a `site-start.el` file.

You can get similar results with something like:

    make EMACS="emacs --batch --eval '(setq send-mail-function (function
sendmail-send-it))'" \
         build/so-long

-- Stefan