Re: On the adoption of transient.el

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: On the adoption of transient.el
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 11:37:03 +0100

On Thursday,  5 Aug 2021 at 19:23, Tim Cross wrote:
> I'm not sure how easily you could do a git interface based around
> dired-style UI design which provides much more than the vc-* interface
> already provides.

Yes, that's probably the case.  I use vc for most of the simple
activities (diffs, simple commits, viewing the log, pushing/fetching)
but fall back to magit for selective commits and branching.

I do use other version control systems (especially SRC for single file
"projects") and so having the same key bindings regardless of VCS is
ideal for reducing friction.  This is where vc wins.

I'm happy with the vc & magit combination as, when using magit, I expect
to be taking my time thinking carefully about what I am doing so the
friction is not an issue.
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4.6 on Debian 11.0