Re: Async rebuild package-quickstart after packages update? was Re: 28.0

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Async rebuild package-quickstart after packages update? was Re: 28.0.50; Proposal: slightly more efficient package-quickstart.el
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 19:24:59 -0700

So looking at package.el:

package-quickstart-refresh is called from
package--quickstart-maybe-refresh and looking at the code in
package-quickstart-refresh, it does not block on user input, so it may
just be sufficient to change the call to package-quickstart-refresh
to (make-thread  #'package-quickstart-refresh) --

Thoughts?

--

Thanks,

?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8