Re: Add ftable.el to ELPA

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Add ftable.el to ELPA
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 08:56:21 -0400

Uwe Brauer [2021-08-03 08:18:30] wrote:
>> Stefan Kangas [2021-08-02 14:59:38] wrote:
>>> Why would that be a good idea?  It seems better to me to put a useful
>>> package on GNU ELPA, where it will reach more users.
>> Indeed, GNU ELPA is not meant to be a retirement home,
> Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I had feeling that it is easier to get a
> package included in MELPA than in ELPA.

It is usually easier indeed for the reasons you cite, but that doesn't
mean it gets easier later (the more you wait, the harder it gets to get
the paperwork).

In any case, the package under discussion had a sole author who had
already signed the paperwork, so the package is now at

    http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/ftable.html

-- Stefan