Re: Add ftable.el to ELPA

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Add ftable.el to ELPA
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 00:50:38 +1200

On 2021-08-03 18:18, Uwe Brauer wrote:
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I had feeling that it is easier to get a package included in MELPA than in ELPA. Maybe I misunderstood something,
but I thought that it is required that *all* authors need to sign the
FSF copyright papers[1], while for MELPA GPL is sufficient, but maybe I
am wrong.

That is one reason why it's good to be in GNU ELPA from the outset.

I.e. the thing you see as "easier" about MELPA is the very same thing
which might make it hard to subsequently move a package to ELPA; so
starting in MELPA might end up being counterproductive.