Re: Dired C idea

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Dired C idea
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 13:35:39 +1000

Sounds like something worth evaluating, but wonder if....

Is rsync available on all supported platforms?

Is rsync installed by default on supported platforms or will this mean that a
core operation i.e. dired, will require installation of rsync before Emacs will
work correctly?

Are there any issues needing to be considered wrt rsync and different file
systems i.e. btrfs, zfs, etc.

Should we replace cp with rsync or should we add rsync as an option/additional
command? Not sure what the impact of rsync might be with simpler cp operations.

Regards,

Tim

--
*Tim Cross*

/For gor sake stop laughing, this is serious!/