Re: Swedish calendar localization in official release (sv-kalender.el)?

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Swedish calendar localization in official release (sv-kalender.el)?
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 18:38:46 +0200

Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:

> > All this says that it is best to publish national and other cultural
> > calendars separately from Emacs releases.
>
> Ah, ok, yes I understand what you mean. Seen this in all the former
> republic and now independent countries from Yugoslavia.
>
> But I guess, that's still not that overly frequent?

It's not frequent, but when it happens you really do want it updated
ASAP if you are planning to use the calendar.  Missing a holiday can
mean you're in for some nasty planning surprises (speaking from own
experience).

I repeat myself here, but I think a core package is the best option.
The second best option is to not ship it with Emacs but find out a
good naming scheme and put several such packages on GNU ELPA.