Re: Swedish calendar localization in official release (sv-kalender.el)?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Swedish calendar localization in official release (sv-kalender.el)?
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 23:02:59 +0200

Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:

> * 2021-07-05 13:51:42+0200, Stefan Kangas wrote:
>
>> The only drawback I see is that sometimes people stop maintaining
>> things once they are merged into Emacs.  I'm not sure what could be
>> done about that, or if others here even share that concern.  Perhaps
>> we could set it up as a GNU ELPA core package?  Or perhaps I'm worried
>> for no reason.
>
> For some reference, I have created and been maintaining Finnish national
> and Christian holidays package for Emacs. It is available through
> services that probably can't be named here. In my opinion it is not even
> copyright work. The calendar day locations itself are completely free in
> Finland. So my "work", if there is some, is Creative Commons CC0 (public
> domain dedication).
>
> But I would be fine with making this package available through GNU Elpa.
>
> https://github.com/tlikonen/suomalainen-kalenteri

I was actually looking at it yesterday. I adapted Daniel's code to
croatian calendar and was looking at different implementations. Yours
seem to be on the nicer side: you seem to be the only one who actually
packaged it as a package. Now I don't understand Finnish language, but I
see 'Melpa' spelled with bold style on your project page, so I guess it
is in Melpa repo :).