Re: override/delete translation of C-S-y?

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: override/delete translation of C-S-y?
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 15:41:47 +1200

On 2021-06-10 10:18, Stephen Leake wrote:
I'm trying to bind "\C-Y" to yank-from-kill-ring (I already have the
other modifies on C-y bound).

However, something is translating "\C-Y" to "\C-y"

The problem is that (AFAIR) those *are* the same thing.

(kbd "C-Y")
"^Y"

(kbd "C-y")
"^Y"

Such control characters have always been case-insensitive.

As it happens, you put the solution in your subject line:

(kbd "C-S-y")
[33554457]

That event wouldn't be sent in a terminal, but you should be able to
use it in GUI frames.

-Phil