Re: src/nsterm.m: fix window tabbing on macOS

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: src/nsterm.m: fix window tabbing on macOS
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 13:29:49 +0100

On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 02:20:34PM +0200, martin rudalics wrote:
> >> If you just used
> >>
> >>    adjust_frame_size (f, -1, -1, 5, false, Qtool_bar_lines);
> >>
> >> in ns_set_tool_bar_lines would that change anything?
> >
> > It doesn't make any difference to the frame resizing, but does make
> > the window display as a tiny 2x2 character block in the top left of
> > the frame, so I'm not sure it's doing what you intended.
>
> It's not.  What happens when you omit that call entirely?

No change, still resizes when disabling/enabling the toolbar.

Like I said before, though, as far as I can tell Emacs isn't even
informed about the frame resizing until it's already done, so I don't
think we can change it through Emacs's core, I think it has to be a
change in the NS window or view setup.

I actually suspect that the apps that don't resize when the toolbar is
enabled or disabled are probably using automatic layout of their
contents, which we can't do.
--
Alan Third