Re: New GC concept

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New GC concept
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 13:50:49 +0300

> From: Daniel Colascione <dancol@dancol.org>
> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 02:47:32 -0700
>
> On 6/4/21 1:00 AM, Daniel Mendler wrote:
>
> > Interesting, thank you for working on this!
> >
> > I had hoped that a new GC would surface at some point given the recent
> > improvements regarding native compilation. As you say this can bring
> > Emacs on par with modern managed language runtimes. Can you elaborate a
> > bit more of some of your concepts?
>
> Thanks for taking a look.

Seconded.

And I really hope that more than just a look (and a discussion) will
come out of this.  Making our GC more efficient is an important
development goal, of which over the years we've seen several attempts,
but unfortunately little advancement in practice.  I hope interested
individuals will step forward and continue developing this (or any
other) initiative so that we will eventually be able to replace our GC
with a better one.

Thanks in advance for developing this aspect of Emacs.