Re: complexity in minibuffer

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: complexity in minibuffer
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:04:34 +0100

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 11:56 PM Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> wrote:

> I only added the third element to the list of '(candidate prefix suffix)'.

OK Thanks.  Indeed I didn't dig down.  So the problem was there before.

> So either turning it into a struct, or adding text properties would be fine.
> But there is no room to extend annotation-function since as can be seen
> in your branch annotation-function with text properties would return such
> self-referencing ugliness:
>
>   (propertize annotation 'suffix annotation)

It's not pretty, but not harmful either.  But you can ignore it since
it's pretty much settled we're going past annotation-function anyway.

> Or do you intend resolution-function to do the same but return
> a candidate string with text properties?

Do you mean the difference between having
resolution-function(cand field) return the value for field or
or attach the value for field to cand. Both can work,
but I think I prefer the first.

João

--
João Távora