Re: emacsclient in elisp

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: emacsclient in elisp
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 19:36:41 +0300

* Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> [2021-05-21 17:52]:
> Maybe the easiest way to solve this would be to provide a function
> `make-stdin-process` which returns a process-object associated to
> stdin/stdout (instead of trying to change `read-from-minibuffer`).

Possible use cases on my side for such would be:

- when generating many HTML pages that require Emacs Lisp for
  processing, then it would go faster as there would be no startup or

- Emacs could run in memory and produce HTML pages through a proxy
  server such as Nginx; it would be similar to fastcgi in that case;

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/