Re: Small shell-mode patch to handle auto-cd (e.g. shells like zsh)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Small shell-mode patch to handle auto-cd (e.g. shells like zsh)
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 11:20:11 +0300

> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, shivers@cs.cmu.edu, jason.kim@revtera.com
> From: Jason Kim <jason.w.kim@icloud.com>
> Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 09:51:08 -0700
>
> Hi, enclosed is what I hope is an acceptable git-format-patch for this
> tiny change.
>
> If not, please let me know how to fix!

Applying these patches produces the following byte-compilation
warnings:

   ELC      shell.elc

 In toplevel form:
 shell.el:324:1: Warning: defcustom for `shell-has-auto-cd' fails to specify
     type
 shell.el:324:1: Warning: custom-declare-variable `shell-has-auto-cd' docstring
     wider than 80 characters

In addition, please provide a :version tag for the new defcustom.

And finally, the commit log message should include ChangeLog-style
description of the file(s) and functions/variables which were affected
by the changes, see the existing log messages and the advice in
CONTRIBUTE for more details.

Please fix those minor nits, and then we will be able to install the
changes.

Thanks.