Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 17:18:42 +0000

That was 2 weeks ago. Based on the feedback I received at the time, I have now pushed my final version of this patch to master.

There is of course still time for further tweaks before Emacs 28. I invite anyone to report bugs in case they can see any opportunities for improving this. (Feel free to CC me if you do as I'm currently not subscribed to the bug list.)

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the discussion!

Thank you, this is very nice!

A small possible improvement, which I hadn't seen earlier: "Show last 300 input keystrokes" could be improved I think, it's a configurable option. So I would either remove the constant "300" (if the precise size of the lossage is not important enough to be indicated there), or by using the return value of (lossage-size).

Another small possible improvement: add a "\n" at the end of the list, so that the cursor does not jump to the end of the line when you reach the last item.