Re: [feature/internal-msys] thoughts of a more function windows package

From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev
Subject: Re: [feature/internal-msys] thoughts of a more function windows package
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 20:11:40 +0300

You technically can make your own msys distribution, by choosing a base package as old as you want and then installing extras from the package archives manually downloaded from msys2 binary cache.

But yeah, I don't think anyone would force anyone to use the msys2-bundled installation, I just wanted to note that maintaining such distribution seems like too much work for the benefit it provides.

In the ideal world we'll have something like a bundled configure-like package that would test for those POSIX utilities and then show what you're missing and maybe install them for you.