Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico

From: Daniel Mendler
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 11:38:52 +0200

On 4/10/21 11:30 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I am already putting the 'cursor property on the first character of the
candidates string. This string is shown with 'after-string in the
overlay at the end of the minibuffer. Maybe I missed something else.

I'm talking about the "Next char not unique" message, not about the
candidate strings.  That is what Tassilo complained about, right?

Okay, thanks for clarifying. In Vertico I try hard to avoid modifying existing functions. I am sure this issue could be fixed by adjusting the `minibuffer-message` function with an advice such that it adds a cursor property. Note that Icomplete also does not make these adjustments, so maybe there is something else.

I think both Tassilo and I agreed that in the context we are discussing (vertico+aggressive-completion), the messages are less important and can be happily disabled, making this a non-issue/low-priority issue.

Daniel Mendler