Re: Question collaborative editing.

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing.
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 05:10:22 +0000

Hi, now that I’ve almost done with other part I’m
looking back into this connectivity problem.

I mentioned the idea of messaging over IRC, however
after thinking a bit more on that approach, seems that
IRC has no reliability guarantee and I’ll have to implement
tcp-over-irc.el … that already seems like much more work
than expected.

ICE/STUN looks like the usual way to do the NAT traversal,
however I didn’t find any tcp tunnel over ICE/STUN that
I can use directly in Emacs. Does any one know any?

There’s libnice but it’s a C library, we’ll either have to
write more Emacs C code to use it or wrap it in a cli tool
providing tcp tunneling...