Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 19:14:09 +0300

> Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 20:04:38 +0000
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>
>
> Here's a corrected version of the patch, incorporating fixes and
> suggestions from Stefan and Drew:

Thanks, I have a few minor comments:

> +the user option @code{minibuffer-follows-frame} to @code{nil}, then

I'd prefer to name the option minibuffer-follows-selected-frame.

> ++++
> +** Switching frames when a minibuffer is active has been rationalized.

"Rationalized"?  How about

  Minibuffer behavior when selected frame changes can now be controlled.

?

> +By default, the active minibuffer is moved to the newly selected
> +frame.  When the current command is continued (by completing the
> +minibuffer action), it takes effect in the frame where the minibuffer
> +was first opened.  An alternative behavior is available by customizing
> +'minibuffer-follows-frame' to nil.  Here, the minibuffer stays in the
> +frame where it was first opened, and you must switch back to this
> +frame to continue or abort the current command.  The old (pre Emacs
> +28.1) somewhat unsystematic behavior is no longer available.

Can you reword to use less of passive tense here?

I may be missing something: where does this code handles the case of
minibuffer-only frames?