Re: Rethinking the design of xwidgets

From: Akira Kyle
Subject: Re: Rethinking the design of xwidgets
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 10:09:11 -0600

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 07:36 AM, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

Hi Kyle,

If you don't care about the motivation and background for this problem skip
the next two paragraphs.

Thanks for the motivation and background.

I'd be interested in any thoughts anyone might have about this proposal and if some changes along this line might have some chance of being accepted in master someday. I've always wanted to dig into the nity grity c code of
emacs and this has finally given me the excuse to do so! Akira

Your analysis sounds quite right and using `emacs-modules` seems like
a very good approach.

I don't have much to contribute to this, except to encourage you to go
at it.  It sounds exciting.

        Stefan

Thanks for the support!