Re: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 09:52:33 +0300

> Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 20:38:10 +0000
> From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > FWIW, this behavior has been with us at least since Emacs-21.
>
> Yes.  At least, it's present in Emacs 27.1.  How come I've never noticed
> it before?
>
> This morning, it was C-x C-s which failed to give me any output,
> although I was expecting to see "(No files need saving)".
>
> I still say it's wrong, but I suppose if I want it fixed, I'll have to
> fix it myself.

It is quite unusual to leave an active minibuffer and switch to
another frame to start an Isearch.

If you want to fix that, let's please first talk about what kind if
fix are you looking for.  Do you intend to leave the active minibuffer
on the original frame, and use the other frame for Isearch?  Note that
Isearch also uses the minibuffer.