Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 09:31:40 +0200

On October 5, 2020 8:51:24 AM GMT+02:00, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
>> Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 02:15:46 -0400
>> Cc: Qiantan Hong <qhong@mit.edu>, Fermin <fmfs@posteo.net>,
>>  Caio Henrique <caiohcs0@gmail.com>, Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>,
>>  Noam Postavsky <npostavs@gmail.com>, Karl Fogel
><kfogel@red-bean.com>,
>>  Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>>
>> > - polish the code, propose it to main stream Emacs inclusion, add
>the license
>>
>> I don't see why this should be in Emacs itself rather than in a GNU
>> ELPA package.
>
>I don't mind having it in either place, FWIW, but AFAICT the package
>still needs quite a lot of work before it can be published in either
>of them.

Of course it does need work. He started it from scratch almost a week ago; it
is surprising he brought something working so quickly. Still benchmarks and
security improves are needed; maybe use JSON to serialize info... But he needs
some more time

I think that elpa is a better place to have this ATM. But maybe he can host it
somewhere in savannah to start with? So the others could start collaborating
with him in parallel? I don't know the procedure for that.

Ergus