Re: Standardizing more key bindings?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Standardizing more key bindings?
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 23:39:41 -0400

  > I don't suggest that we choose bindings. The question is can we have
  > infrastructure making is easy for users (or starter kit developers,
  > etc) to set such bindings across modes.

Defining them in prog-mode, or in a submode of it, would achieve that
goal.  But we should not expect users to choose different keys for
these commands, not very often.

In order for these bindings to be convenient, we would want to arrange
that they don't conflict with other bindings.  The way to do that is
by moving some of the other definitions of these keys.

Once we do that, these keys would be clearly the best keys to use for
these commands, since they wouldn't conflict with anything.  Using any
other keys for these commands would tend to cause inconvenience, so
few users would do that.

Practically speaking, our choice would be choosing for the community
(except the few who make radical changes), so we should choose well.

--
Dr Richard Stallman