Re: Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 10:23:15 +0200

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 02:00:41PM +0800, 范凯 wrote:
> Is it possiable to just use the application specific password?

This is Gregory's option (2), right?

He explains the drawbacks of this approach: Google doesn't *want*
that the app's users see the password. But the app is free software,
so *we* want that the users see everything in the app.

I think this goes deeper: Google wants to be in control and we
want the user to be in control. This leads to a conflict whenever
the user is not Google.

Cheers
 - t