Re: Line wrap reconsidered

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Line wrap reconsidered
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 18:29:04 -0400

On May 26, 2020, at 4:31 PM, Yuan Fu <address@hidden> wrote:

On May 26, 2020, at 3:50 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

From: Yuan Fu <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 13:34:01 -0400
Cc: address@hidden,
address@hidden

I fixed the problems and it now works. If you apply the patch below and load kinsaku.el, open the test.txt and M-x toggle-word-wrap. You should see the text properly wrapped: wrapping between CJK characters and whitespaces but not between ASCII characters. Also according to kinsoku rules, CJK comma will not be placed at the beginning of a line; CJK “《” will not be place at the end of a line, etc.

It determines whether we can wrap before/after a character by looking at “<“, “>” and “|” categories, roughly corresponding to “don’t wrap before”, “don’t wrap after” and “wrap before and after”.

Thanks.

This still doesn't support strings, only buffer text.

Also, why are you putting a text property, instead of just examining
the category as part of IT_CAN_WRAP?  What do you need the property
for?

I don’t really know which way is better/more efficient and just took one to implement. Plus text property might allow some user customizations. I can change it to only use category table.

Here is the version that doesn’t use text properties. I assume by string you mean display properties? I checked with display property and it wraps fine in this version.

Yuan