Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 19:07:43 -0700

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> ISTR that someone proposed a clean-up of the splash screen a few weeks
>> ago.
>
> Good to know!  I searched the archive of this mailing list but could
> not find any such proposal -- if someone can find the reference, I'd
> love to rework my patch on top of the current proposal.

I started that work, but there has not been much progress since.  I
believe Dmitry and Alan linked the relevant threads.

I fully intend to get back to it, but I got distracted by other things
and the last week or so I've been too busy IRL.  Expect more when I find
some free time, hopefully soon.

There is no conflict with the changes you propose here, AFAICT.  The
idea is good, and we should easily be able to work that into the new
splash screen proposal.  I see no reason not to push the change.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas