Opportunistic garbage collection -- followup

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Opportunistic garbage collection -- followup
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 19:23:35 -0700

I ran across the gmch package by Andrea Corallo:

    https://gitlab.com/koral/gcmh

This package adds a timer which runs GC during idle time.  I'm not an
expert on GC, but the idea sounds good to me.

Stefan Monnier has picked up on this and already developed a patch, but
AFAICT, no patch was ever installed:

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-04/msg01036.html

So this is mostly just to ask whatever happened to that patch, and if
this is something we would want to finish.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas