Re: Who is in charge of GNU ELPA?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Who is in charge of GNU ELPA?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 17:46:31 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 00:52:27 -0400
>
> Until a few days ago, I thought I was de facto in charge of GNU ELPA.

Not sure who you are asking, but from my POV, nothing's changed in
that regard.

> But recently it transpired that this is not the case: I was told that
> I was not to add `s.el` to GNU ELPA.

I wasn't aware that the dispute about s.el has ended, I still see
various proposals being made and discussed.  One of the proposals that
can be very relevant is to have two archives, or two separate parts in
ELPA, in which case s.el could be put into one of them with no changes
at all, AFAIU.

So I suggest to finish discussing those proposals, and I hope we will
be able to come to some sort of agreement about some MO that would
allow everyone to live with that.