RE: GNU Emacs raison d'etre

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: GNU Emacs raison d'etre
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 11:11:59 -0700 (PDT)

> >> Agreed.  Top positioning might be better for other
> >> reasons though.
> > What reasons?
>
> When the minibuffer is updated, and its height has to change, the
> bottom-positioned minibuffer will have to move its input area up.
> That's hella annoying.

Is it?  Doesn't annoy me, and that's what I
use daily.

How is it worse than a minibuffer at screen
top extending its input area downward?

In any case, as I said, if you can put the
minibuffer at screen bottom then you can put
it at screen top - user choice.  There's no
need to debate individual preferences or
annoyances in that regard.