Re: Questions about throw-on-input

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: Questions about throw-on-input
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 18:00:29 +0000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Do we have to share data between threads? A thread doesn’t share any data
>> can still be useful, speeding up some computations. For example, generating
>> completion candidates, providing async completion.
>
> If you don't need to share anything, than `async.el` does the trick.
> But in most cases, in order to be able to show completion candidates,
> you need to get access to some data.

What about having a quick de/serializer we can use to serialize and send
data to another process or thread?  This could perform the requested job
and give back the data using this same binary format.

The pdumper would be the first candidate to look at to be generalized
for this purpose.

We would probably need also some specific way to limit the deepness of
the copy in certain cases, this not to end-up serializing the whole heap.

  Andrea

--
address@hidden