Where is the eln search path defined

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Where is the eln search path defined
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 09:57:32 +0100

Hi,

I thought it was about time I started getting the native-comp branch
running on some of my aarch64 machines. The bionic version of libgccjit
for aarch64 failed so I ended up having to build the latest from master
and adding it to the search path.

Emacs seems to have built fine but when I run it I get:

  08:41:58 [alex@qemu-test:~/s/emacs] $ emacs -nw
  emacs:
/usr/bin/../lisp/eln-aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu-e59b16aa72ffe0cd/custom.eln:

The file in question is in my install directory ($HOME/src/emacs/install):

install/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/eln-aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu-e59b16aa72ffe0cd/custom.eln

but emacs doesn't seem to be able to find it. I'm wondering what is
different between aarch64 and x86 because in both cases all I've really
done is add $HOME/src/emacs/install/bin to me PATH.

Any pointers?

--
Alex Bennée