Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs?
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 12:06:32 +0200

>>>>> On Wed, 13 May 2020 13:36:08 -0400, Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden>
>>>>> said:

    Clément> On 13/05/2020 12.58, Alan Third wrote:
    >> On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 11:03:06PM -0400, Clément Pit-Claudel wrote:
    >>>
    >>> But the complexity of PGP is a valid concern. I operated under the
    >>> assumption that most new contributors sign copyright papers with
    >>> PGP, and so that PGP was a reasonable baseline.
    >>
    >> I didn’t sign mine with PGP, as far as I can remember, so my
    >> assumption was that most people don’t. Is it a new requirement?

    Clément> It's not a new requirement, just a new option, I think :)
    Clément> (well, not so new: I did mine in 2014 with PGP).

I did mine in 2017 via print/sign/scan, I guess it depends on where
you reside. There are other options these days, but weʼd have to find
an acceptable ESIGN/eIDAS provider to use.

Robert