Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 23:03:14 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> You said that there is a macro like this already in Emacs?
>
> I don't think it's in Emacs, but I remember seeing something like
> that somewhere.

You were probably thinking of Oleh Krehel's short-lambda package.

https://github.com/abo-abo/short-lambda

;; This package allows to do this:
;;
;; (cl-mapcar #(concat %1 " are " %2)
;;            '("roses" "violets")
;;            '("red" "blue"))
;; ;; => '("roses are red" "violets are blue")
;;
;; Or this:
;;
;; (mapc #(put % 'disabled nil)
;;       '(upcase-region downcase-region narrow-to-region))
;;
;; This assumes that there is a reader macro in the Emacs C code that
;; translates #(STRUCTURE) to (short-lambda STRUCTURE), in the same
;; way as for the `backquote' macro.

If we ask nicely, he might still be able to dig up the C code.
Hey Oleh!

  Jonas