Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 22:20:36 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I can't get it to work from first position though. So:
>
> That's normal: first position does not allow a normal expressions.
> "first position" accepts basically the same things as what follows #'
>
> Elisp is not Scheme.

Yes, indeed, that is true. Actually I was more surprised that it worked
with lambda.

But, it *does* work with `lambda', so if we wanted a shortened version
of lambda with autonamed arguments, then, ideally, it should work in all
the places that lambda work?

Still, the `((lambda (x) x)` is pretty pointless in Emacs lisp, so
perhaps this bit is not important.

You said that there is a macro like this already in Emacs? If not, it
would be nice to add. Not sure `fn' is the greatest name though.

Phil