Re: What is the most useful potential feature which Emacs lacks?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: What is the most useful potential feature which Emacs lacks?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 17:33:13 +0100

On Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 17:34, Michael Albinus wrote:
> "... your credentials must be populated in your ‘Online Accounts’
> application outside Emacs."
>
> From the Tramp manual, speaking about the nextcloud method.

Thanks for this.  And, boy, did this ever send me down a rabbit
hole... anyway, finally managed to get GNOME running and created an
"online" account.  Now, back with my usual DE/WM and running Emacs
again, I get an error like this:

tramp-signal-hook-function:
   Host name ‘MY.NEXTCLOUD.SITE’ does not match
   ‘\`\(127\.0\.0\.1\|::1\|localhost6?\|t3610\)\'’

and I don't see why it should as that is the regexp for identifying a
local host, which is most definitely what I do not want given that I am
trying to connect to a nextcloud server...  hey hum.  Tramp info manual
not helpful in this regard unfortunately.

Anyway, apologies for hijacking the thread although, in my defence, the
desirable potential feature of being able to transparently access
resources on the web is what started me off...

Thanks again Michael.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.3.6 on Debian bullseye/sid