Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 21:58:45 +0300

On 11.05.2020 21:20, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
We can say the same without having the packages in ELPA, we just need
to tell them in addition to set up package.el for MELPA.
No, we cannot do that. MELPA contains packages promoting non-free
software and services, so at least Richard would surely veto that.
If your problem is mentioning "MELPA" the name, we don't have to do
that.  How to add any site to the package.el setup is already
documented in the Emacs user manual.

If we don't do any of that, we can't create a publish a user-friendly guide "How to IDE" on our website.