Re: "Emacs Lisp Packages" chapter in the Emacs manual

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: "Emacs Lisp Packages" chapter in the Emacs manual
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 23:23:59 -0400

>>> And I'm not finding much. Am I missing something ?
>> I think every package said how to do it.  E.g.
> Indeed. But people who write their own elisp files would need to have this
> information  somewhere in the manual don't you agree ?

Not sure what "this information" you're thinking of.

The code needed will vary from package to package, so maybe we could put
in the manual something like "look at the doc of your Elisp package, it
will surely say what to do".  But otherwise it's going to take a lot
more work to explain the different possible situations, and when to
use what.

OTOH, some of that info might be useful for package *authors* so they
design their package properly, with their `;;;###autoload` cookies where
they belong.

        Stefan