Re: PL support

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: PL support
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 12:07:16 +0100

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 4:33 AM Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 10.05.2020 05:30, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> Cc: Eli Zaretskii<address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier<address@hidden>,
> >>   emacs-devel<address@hidden>
> >> From: Dmitry Gutov<address@hidden>
> >> Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 23:09:36 +0300
> >>
> >> Eli who hasn't found time to try out Eglot yet
> > I will if you agree to take some of my duties upon yourself.  Deal?
> Maybe I should clarify that it wasn't a criticism of you, but of the
> intention to rely on you for extra design/development/review help.

I didn't say I was going to _rely_ on Eli, just that the lead maintainer's
eye is a very good thing to have, yes.  And, FTR, for all the disagreements
I've had with him, I never ever found him uninterested or unwilling to
participate in a technical discussion, and work on with me on very tricky
bugs, (bug#34394 comes to mind) even for things that don't affect him
in the immediate.  And, I'm happy to say, same goes for many in this list.

Maybe some see emacs-devel as a place of naysayers, as if Github
was magically exempted from that.  It's not, it's just mostly exempted
from the scrutiny that goes on here, and this scrutiny is a good thing.
This is why so many things diverge into directions that tear them
far away from Emacs (in the technical or legal aspects) and then find
it unacceptable and surprising that Emacs won't take them back
just like that.

João