Re: PL support

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: PL support
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 22:05:55 +0100

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 9:40 PM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> > But having it in core would bring some advantages, particularly for
> > me, I admit.  Having to jump back and forth between xref.el, project.el,
> > eldoc.el, flymake.el, jsonrpc.el and eglot.el in different repos is not
> > much fun. I really wish I could do it here: a holistic approach is much
> > better.
>
> Oh, I thought having it elpa.git for more convenient for you (less tied
> to Emacs's development cycle).  If you think it's more convenient to
> have it in emacs.git, I'm all for it.

Indeed, that's exactly what I'm saying. Because two other libraries
I already maintain and that Eglot depends on are already there
(flymake.el and jsonrpc.el) as :core GNU ELPA  packages,
having eglot.el in emacs.git as a :core package makes perfect
sense to me, as developer.

As I said, I would also see advantages in coordinating with project.el,
xref.el and eldoc.el, especially if they also become :core GNU ELPA
packages (we discussed elsewhere that would have no adverse
effects).

João