Re: PL support

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: PL support
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 21:34:35 +0300

On 09.05.2020 20:23, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
But I
don't think we will ever be able to come close to resolving it
regarding Eglot unless we have support for it in major modes ready to
be turned on.

M-x package-install eglot
M-x find-file .../abc/def/xyz.c
M-x eglot

That's how ready it is to turn on already, without any dedicated support in major modes.

Now, the above scenario does not include the installation of an LS server program. Eglot doesn't do that automatically yet, but it could.

Also, C/C++ packages might require some "compilation database" file in the project root. But that's not tied to the major mode either.