Re: Proper namespaces in Elisp

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Proper namespaces in Elisp
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 19:38:30 +0100

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 7:12 PM Vladimir Sedach <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Again this comes with the problem, I don't think it's even worth
> > discussing.
> It affects debugging Elisp code, so it is very much worth discussing.

OK, I'll rephrase.  It is my opinion that it's not worthwhile discussing it
with you, given you and I are not talking of the same thing.  I hold
this opinion. But you can discuss it with whomever you see fit.

> use, or does each user of the library declare the prefix abbreviation
> when they require the library?

The latter, including the library itself.

I've shown a proof of concept here and improved it since.
You can look it up in my Github account, get answers to your
questions from  the code there, open issues, or help me solve
problems. There are many other namespacing systems out
there, expressed in actual code, I encourage you to contribute
to one, or create one from scratch.

João