Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs?
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 21:28:23 +0100

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 8:54 PM Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/05/2020 13.42, João Távora wrote:
> Not always, I will do it for "newbie" committers often, not to burden
> them with the red tape, then add a "Co-authored-by:" cookie to the
> commit message.

I got confused by this part: why do you need the cookie?

Because I changed the commit message: here's the commit I was
talking about earlier (from git.sv.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs/elpa.git)

commit 4953ee6f7de4ead0fced02e0da823eafaf5797e0
Author: Ilya Ostapyshyn <address@hidden>
Date:   Thu May 7 20:34:14 2020 +0300

    Fix #13: correctly calculate search bound for narrowed buffers

    The search-forward function does not take narrowing into account, so we must
    do that  ourselves.

    Co-authored-by: João Távora <address@hidden>
    Copyright-paperwork-exempt: yes

    * darkroom.el (darkroom-guess-margins): Add (point-min) to the 20000

I added all the commit message, but Ilya did the actual patch.

Though reading Luke's email, it seems I could have use
"Signed-off-by:" or something like that.

João