Re: [Proposal] New EUDC backend for macOS address book

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: Re: [Proposal] New EUDC backend for macOS address book
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 13:41:11 -0400

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Adolf <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Therefore, we can simply use `tell application "Address Book"`, and it
> will work on all 10.x macOS-es.

OK, that's nice.

[...]

> I have also folded the lengthy error message line to be below the 80
> limit. Not sure whether this would be considered good practice?

Yes, looks good.  I noticed one more formatting thing.  font-lock is
showing "result))))" in red; you can type C-h . to check what the
warning is, which in this case is "Hidden behind deeper element; move to
another line?".  Can you put that on its own line to eliminate the
warning?

>> Would you be able to write a section in the EUDC manual describing the
>> backend and how it relates to eudcb-mab.el?
>>
>> I don't think it hurts to offer both backends, provided they're
>> documented and contrasted in the EUDC manual.
>
> Yes, I'll be happy to write up a text for the manual.

OK, sounds good.

[...]

> Thanks for these improvements. All applied in the attached, updated
> version; except for the last one, which I solved differently.

This looks good to go in now.  Can you send a draft of the manual
change, and then once that's reviewed, I'll have you put it all into one
git-format-patch attachment (including the commit log/change log entry)
and I can push that to master?

Thanks,
Thomas