Re: Slot accessing issues in EIEIO

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: Slot accessing issues in EIEIO
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 17:40:56 +0200

Zhu Zihao <address@hidden> writes:

> Recently, I'm reading the source of closql, A Emacs sqlite database
> ORM package.

Uhuh ;) Sorry for the lack of documentation.  It's not really intended
for use by other people at this point, but if you are brave enought to
dig through the implementation, then why not.

> I don't think use an advice is the silver bullet.

I ment to ask for a better mechanism but never got around to it.  What
I had in mind was for `eieio-oref' and `eieio-oset' to be defined as
generic functions.

> There's slot-value-using-class for CLOS to handle slot accessing, but
> there's nothing for EIEIO to do this.

I have no idea how that works.  Can you link to some documentation
and/or implemenation?

  Jonas