Re: Namespaces - summary, conclusion

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Namespaces - summary, conclusion
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 13:38:34 +0200

Philippe Vaucher <address@hidden> writes:

> Given this is more or less the position held by Alan, Eli, Richard,
> Drew and João I think the chances of seeing new aliases is close to 0.

This is not my conclusion.  I've seen several calls to move away from
from discussing in the abstract to discuss specific, concrete
examples.  I think this is a good idea, since IMHO the abstract
discussion is likely exhausted.

There is always the chance that some of the proposals will be voted
down.  But also consider that some who have disagreed with you in the
abstract might be more convinced by specific, concrete proposals.

> Then there are other discussions going on, like the manual not
> offering a "tutorial view" with highlighted examples, but I think
> these are other discussions and should be discussed on their own.

I think here also concrete proposals would help us move forward.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas