RE: Add some aliases for re-related functions

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Add some aliases for re-related functions
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 15:27:20 -0700 (PDT)

> > Is "re-" really a useful prefix?
>
> It's convenient.  And as I explained a minute ago, I don't think we
> need to choose prefix which someone will "naturally" come up with.
> The important part is that the same prefix be used for all the related
> functions, so once you know the prefix you can find the rest.

That's pretty much true whether `re-' is used
as prefix or is elsewhere in the name, as long
as it is set off using a hyphen.  E.g.,
`nonincremental-re-search-forward',
`Info-following-node-name-re'.

(No, it's not always the case: `ange-ftp-re-read-dir',
`message-strip-subject-re'.  But some functions that
use `re-' are anyway misnamed - should be
`ange-ftp-reread-dir', for example.)